How We Can Help
So, what comes next?
SO you believe you meet the low income and NILS® Area qualifications – if so...
- Get an application form and fill in all the details.
- Collect all the necessary statements, bills, accounts (Full details are given in the application form)
- Phone the NILS® office to make Loan Interview appointment (don’t delay as there is often a waiting list)
- Do your shopping ‘looking’, going to several stores to compare brands/prices
- Be careful to look for the highest number of Stars (Refrigerators & Washers) or AA’s (Washers) – the more of these, the higher the efficiency, the lower the running costs – 4 to 5 stars or AA is the current highest
- When you’ve decided on an item get a quote from at least two or three stores
- Get the stores to give you written quotes that will hold good for at least 14 days
The written quotes must include full details:
- Price including any delivery charge
- Brand, Model and Model Number
- Size (litres for a fridge, Kgs for a washer)
- Name of sales person & phone number
Before you go shopping...
- Measure the space where your appliance is to go
- Measure the doorways the item has to pass through and check any stairway access
- Decide if your new FRIDGE should have a LEFT or RIGHT opening door
- Think about which type of washer you want – Top Loading or Front Loading
- Write all this information down and take it with you